1) Locate the icon for Symantec Endpoint Protection in the bottom right hand of the screen. Right click and select ‘Open Symantec Endpoint Protection’.
2) Click on the ‘Options’ button located next to the ’Virus and Spyware Protection’ row.
3) Select ‘Disable All Virus and Spyware Protection features’.
3) Download and install the Veriato Vision software from the Vision web interface under “Available Devices” or “Active Devices > All Devices” if you already have Vision installed on other devices.
- IMPORTANT: When prompted to reboot the computer un-check the box to select “no” so the computer does not reboot.
4) Open up Symantec Endpoint Protection and locate the menu on the left-hand side of the main page.
- Click on ‘Change Settings’.
- Locate the row titled ‘Exclusions’ and click on the ‘Configure Settings’
- A small window will pop up; select ‘Add’ and click on ‘Security Risk Exception>Folder’.
- Add your Veriato Vision exclusion folder path, which can be found in the Vision dashboard under Settings > Account Information > Paths to Exclude for Anti-virus software, or via the popup window after selecting to download the installer file.
- IMPORTANT: The path excluded in this example will be different then the path you must exclude for your account as this folder is randomized. Please use the path located in your account.
5) Follow the same procedure, except this time select ‘SONAR’ instead of ‘Security Risk Exception’. This will protect the folders you just installed from being deleted.
6) Reboot the computer to complete the installation.