Applies to: Windows Agent 8.2.x
Article No: 360050594853
- Open Symantec Endpoint Protection
Locate the icon at the bottom right of the window. Right-click and select Open Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Next to Virus and Spyware Protection, click Options.
- Select Disable All Virus and Spyware Protection features.
- Log into your console app and download and install the Windows Agent from Admin | Download Agents.
IMPORTANT: When prompted to reboot the computer uncheck the box to select “no” so the computer does not reboot.
- Open up Symantec Endpoint Protection and locate the menu on the left-hand side of the main page.
- Click on Change Settings.
- Locate the row titled ‘Exclusions’ and click on the Configure Settings.
- A small window will pop up; select Add and click on Security Risk Exception>Folder.
- Add your Veriato Vision exclusion folder path, which can be found in your app console under Admin | Company Account or on the second page of the Windows Agent install wizard.
IMPORTANT: The path excluded in this example will be different then the path you must exclude for your account as this folder is randomized. Please use the path located in your account.
- Follow the same procedure, except this time select ‘SONAR’ instead of ‘Security Risk Exception’. This will protect the folders you just installed from being deleted.
- Reboot the computer to complete the installation.