Applies to: Veriato Windows Agent 8.2.x
Article No: 360049787714
Take the following steps on a Windows device where you plan to install the Veriato Vision Agent. To add AVG exceptions, you will install the Agent first and then browse to select exceptions.
- Before installing an agent, find your company’s Windows installation folder. Log in to Veriato Vision at https://app.veriatocloud.com and go to the Admin | Company Account page. Under “Antivirus Exclusions” note the Windows folder to exclude. For example:
- Open AVG Business.
Click on the AVG Business Security icon in the system tray to open the AVG control panel.
- Disable AVG Scanning.
You cannot download and install the Veriato Vision software while AVG is active.
- Download the Veriato Vision Windows Installer file.
Open a browser on the endpoint device and log in to your Veriato Vision account through https://app.veriatocloud.com Select Admin | Download Agents and follow the instructions to download the Windows Agent.
- Double-click the downloaded file to install.
Follow the installer prompts. You will be prompted to enter your Veriato Vision credentials to register the device. IMPORTANT: When the installation is finished, uncheck Automatically reboot the computer. Press Finish.
- Return to the AVG console and add Exceptions.
Open the menu in the upper right corner of the AVG control panel and select Settings.
In the Settings panel, select General > Exceptions. Press Add.
- Browse to and select the folder you noted.
- Press the green OK button at the bottom of the panel.
The folder and its contents are now excluded from scanning. Close the AVG Business Console.
- Restart the computer.
A reboot completes the Veriato Vision installation. When the computer has restarted, re-enable AVG Business Protection (scanning).
- Test the device.
Perform some activities on the device to test Vision and to make sure there is no interference from the antivirus. Run a scan on the device. If files under within your account installation folder are detected, add them as Exceptions. If there are no problems, continue on to the next device.