Applies to: Windows Agent v8.2.x
Article No: 360050594353
- Log in to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud dashboard at https://securitycloud.symantec.com/cc/#/landing
- Click Policies on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
- Click the + sign and select Create Security Policy.
- Rename the policy and then select the following options from the Device Protection menu:
Let user temporarily disable file scanning
Let user temporarily disable file reputation assessment
Let user temporarily disable application behavior monitoring
- Scroll down and select Add Folder from the Folder Exclusions menu.
- Add your Veriato Vision exclusion folder path, which can be found in the Vision console under Admin Company Account or on the second page of the Windows Agent Download wizard. Click Add.
IMPORTANT: The path excluded in this example will be different than the path you must exclude for your account as this folder is randomized. Please use the path located in Admin | Company Account.
- Click Save Policy and then Apply to Group.
Apply the new policy to the group of users who will have installed it on their devices and click Confirm.
- Open Symantec on the target device.
Go to the system tray in the bottom right corner and right-click the Symantec icon.
Right-click and select Open Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud.
- Click Advanced.
- Turn Auto-Protect OFF
- On the following popup select 1 hour for the duration.
This ensures that Symantec does not delete the installer or any critical files needed for our software.
- Download and install the Veriato Vision software from the console app using Admin | Download Agents.
Note: You can change the security policy settings after our software is installed. Make sure that the install file path is excluded when making these changes; otherwise, this may affect functionality.