1) Disable Webroot by right clicking the Webroot logo in the bottom right of the screen in the system tray and selecting ‘Shut Down Protection’.
- A prompt will ask you if you want to shut it down, click Yes.
2) Download and install the Veriato Vision software from the Vision web interface under “Available Devices” or “Active Devices > All Devices” if you already have Vision installed on other devices.
3) Your Vision exclusion folder path can be found in the Vision dashboard under Settings > Account Information > Paths to Exclude for Anti-virus software, or via the popup window after selecting to download the installer file.
- The path will look similar to the following, except that the letters are random folder for each account:
- 32-bit Windows OS: C:\Windows\System32\flwppfgf | | 64-bit Windows OS: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\flwppfgf
- NOTE: “\flwppfgf” will different for your account
- You will also have to exclude the MD5 hashes for the files in the random folder. Please submit ticket to support with the subject: TIER 2 – MD5 HASHES WEBROOT, and we will supply those hashes to you. A remote session will be needed in order for the technician to get the exact file names he or she needs.
4) On reboot, Webroot will automatically detect our software as a threat. Uncheck the white box on the left labeled ‘Remove’ and click on Continue.
- On the next screen, Click on the button labeled ‘Allow’ in order to exclude the installation folder for proper use.