Take the following steps to exclude the Veriato Vision agent on Windows devices where Webroot is active.
NOTE: While we update this guide from time to time, we cannot guarantee compatibility as Antivirus software companies may make changes without informing us. Any antivirus settings that are disabled during this process should be re-enabled once the exclusions have been set up.
- Disable Webroot by right-clicking the Webroot logo in the bottom right of the screen in the system tray and selecting Shut Down Protection.
- When a prompt asks if you want to shut it down, click Yes.
- Log into your account at: https://app.veriatocloud.com/
- Download and install the Veriato Vision Windows Agent software from Admin > Download Agents.
- Gather the required exclusions:
Find your Veriato Vision exclusion folder path in Admin > Company Account.
The path is similar to the following, except on the Company Account page, it uses your randomly named folder. Replace yyyyxxx below with the folder unique to your account:
You will also have to exclude the MD5 hashes for the files in the random folder. Follow this link for the latest file hash exclusions:
- On reboot, Webroot will automatically detect our software as a threat. Uncheck the white box on the left labeled ‘Remove’ and click on Continue.
- On the next screen, click on the button labeled Allow to exclude the installation folder for proper use.
- Once you confirm successful installation you can re-enable Webroot.