1) Locate the icon for Norton Security in the bottom right hand of the screen. Right click and select ‘’Open Norton Security”.
2) On the ‘Security’ tab, click on the button labeled ‘Advanced’.
3) Under the row that says ‘Computer’ is an option labeled ‘Auto-Protect’.
- Switch this option off; this will enable a popup to show.
- Under ‘Select the duration’ select “Until System Restarts”
4) Download and install the Veriato Vision software from the Vision web interface under “Available Devices” or “Active Devices > All Devices” if you already have Vision installed on other devices.
- IMPORTANT: When prompted to reboot the computer un-check the box to select “no” so the computer does not reboot.
5) Go back to the main Norton Security menu and click on the ‘Settings’.
- Click on the option labeled ‘Anti-virus’.
- Open the tab labeled ‘Scans and Risks’and scroll down to the drop down labeled ‘Exclusions / Low Risks’.
- Select ‘Items to exclude from scans’.
6) In the next window, click on ‘Add Folders’
- Add your Veriato Vision exclusion folder path, which can be found in the Vision dashboard under Settings > Account Information > Paths to Exclude for Anti-virus software, or via the popup window after selecting to download the installer file.
- IMPORTANT: The path excluded in this example will be different then the path you must exclude for your account as this folder is randomized. Please use the path located in your account.
7) Add your folder to the exclusion list and save.
8) Reboot the computer to complete the installation.