1) Locate the icon for Avast Business Antivirus in the bottom right hand of the screen.
- Right click and select ‘Avast shields control > Disable permanently’.
- Avast will be turned on again once we have set the appropriate exclusions and installed the Veriato Vision software.
2) Download and install the Veriato Vision software from the Veriato Vision Interface under “Available Devices” or “Active Devices > All Devices” if you already have Vision installed on other devices.
- IMPORTANT: When prompted to reboot the computer un-check the box to select “no” so the computer does not reboot.
3) In the system tray (typically in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen) right click the Avast icon and click ‘Open Avast user interface’.
4) In the bottom left corner of the Avast interface is a small gear labeled ‘Settings’, click on it to access the anti-virus settings.
5) On the left-hand side of the screen select the ‘General’ tab and scroll down to a drop down option labeled ‘Exclusions’.
- Click on the drop down and click on the button labeled ‘Add’. This will lead you to a search bar with the buttons ‘Delete’ and ‘browse’.
- Click on ‘browse’ and find the installation folder path.
- Your Veriato Vision exclusion folder path, which can be found in the Vision dashboard under Settings > Account Information > Paths to Exclude for Anti-virus software, or via the popup window after selecting to download the installer file.
- IMPORTANT: The path excluded in this example will be different then the path you must exclude for your account as this folder is randomized. Please use the path located in your account.
- Click on the check box to the left of this directory to add this folder to the exclusions.
- Click ‘OK’ and close the program.
6) Reboot the computer to complete the installation.