Applies to: Veriato Vision Agent 8.x
Article No: 18561270651159
To prevent the Veriato Vision Agent from being scanned and detected by ESET Endpoint Antivirus, follow the steps below at each endpoint. Your ESET product may differ from the one shown here. We recommend consulting the ESET KnowledgeBase for your product version for more accurate steps. However, use the recommended exclusions below.
- Open the ESET Endpoint Antivirus control panel.
Locate the icon for ESET Endpoint Antivirus in the bottom right corner of the screen in the system tray.
- Disable HIPS (Host-based Intrusion Prevention System) during the installation. Press F5 to open Advanced Setup, select Detection Engine, and toggle the HIPS setting OFF.
Reboot the computer.
- After the computer restarts, right-click ESET in the system tray and select Pause Protection. A small popup appears; select Pause until reboot and click Apply.
- Download the Windows Agent from the Veriato Vision console app.
From the sidebar, select Admin | Download Agents. Select the Windows Agent and download the installer. Double-click the downloaded installer to start the install.
- Set ESET exclusions.
Right-click the ESET Endpoint Antivirus icon again and select Open ESET Endpoint Antivirus 7’ to open the main menu.
- Select the tab titled Setup on the left-hand side.
- Locate the row titled Real-time file system protection and click on the settings icon on the right.
- Select Edit Exclusions.
- In the Exclusions menu, click Add in the bottom left corner.
A popup asks what type of exclusion and what path to exclude.
For type, select Exclude path
For path, click on the three ellipses at the end of the empty box and select or paste the unique folder path listed in Admin | Account under "Antivirus Exclusions" or in the Antivirus step of the Download Agents wizard.
Click OK and Save to exclude the folder containing installed agent files.
- Reboot the computer and re-enable ESET.
Turn on ESET Realtime Protection and enable HIPS to ensure protection.