Applies to Windows 10.x Agent
Article No: 8002747523095
Take the following steps before installing the Veriato Vision agent on Windows devices where Cylance is active.
Product instructions for CylancePROTECT
For up-to-date answers to questions about managing endpoints and exclusions in Cylance Endpoint Securtiy, refer to BlackBerry© online documentation:
Acquire and Register Veriato digital certificates with Cylance
The Cylance product requires valid security certificates to verify and allow Veriato products on the network. Contact Veriato Technical Support and request certificates appropriate for your Veriato product and version. Save the certificate files at a location you can access from the Cylance program.
Register the digital certificates with Cylance
- From the Cylance Dashboard, access cog Settings.
Settings will be on the side bar or on the top bar.
- Select the Certificates tab.
Click Add Certificate to open the Add Certificate window.
- In Add Certificate, next to “Applies to (Optional)” check Executable.
Click Browse for certificates to add and navigate to and select the Veriato certificate.
- Click Submit.
- Repeat these steps to add all Veriato digital certificates.
Add Veriato Agent exclusions
- Find your company’s Veriato Vision installation folder.
- Open a browser and log in to your Veriato Vision account.
- Go to the Admin | Company Account page.
- Under Antivirus Exclusions note the folder or list of folders to exclude.
- Add the folders to your Cylance Device policy.
- Open Cylance and select Settings > Device Policy from the left menu.
- Select the Default Policy and click Protection Settings.
- Check the Exclude Specific folders checkbox.
- Check Allow Execution.
- Enter the exclusions listed for your company account, such as:
- Click Save.
- Assign the policy to devices where you plan to install the Veriato Vision agent.
Select Devices from the left menu. Select all devices the Veriato Vision agent exclusions will apply to and click Assign Policy.
Assign devices a non-protected Cylance policy to install the agent
- Temporarily disable Cylance before installing.
The easiest way to temporarily disable Cylance is to create a Device Policy in the Devices section named something like "Temporarily Disable Protection." This policy has ALL protections disabled. Remove the device(s) where you want to install the Veriato Vision agent from the current policy and assign it to the disabled policy. You will return the device(s) to the proper policy at the end of this procedure.
- Download and install the Veriato Vision agent.
In the Veriato Vision app, select Admin | Download Agents and follow the wizard instructions to download the Windows "Silent Installer."
- Deploy the installer to a test device.
Run the *.exe file as Administrator on the test device, responding to the UAC prompt, if necessary.
- Restart the computer.
Repeat these steps for each device in the "Temporarily Disable Protection" policy.
Add monitored devices back into the Cylance policy with the exclusion
- Assign devices the proper Cylance policy to enable scanning.
Once Veriato Vision is installed, and the devices are rebooted, re-assign the Cylance policy with the exclusion to re-enable protection. At this point, Cylance should not detect Veriato Vision files.
- License users.
When users log in, they appear in Groups & Policies > Users. Assign the user to a licensed group or assign a policy directly to the user to initiate recording and data uploads.