Applies to Veriato Vision
Article No. 360049772034
On which platforms does Veriato Vision operate?
Veriato Vision is primarily a cloud-hosted SaaS solution that you can access from any up-to-date web browser on any computer. To request an on-premise Vision Server / Database installation (supported on Windows Server 2022 OS), or for information about Private Cloud options, contact Veriato Support.
Which platforms do your client agents record?
Veriato Vision provides agents to that support activity capture on Windows (including Terminal Servers, VMWare devices, and Citrix) Mac, ChromeOS, and Android. See the Veriato Vision Knowledge Base for more on Agent OS support.
Can the solution monitor activities on smartphones?
Yes, at this time, Veriato Vision can monitor Android devices.
Is the data encrypted both at rest and in transit?
Yes. Veriato Vision encrypts data as it is captured on the endpoint device and transmits the data to the server over a secure TLS connection.
How do I deploy the agent to endpoint devices?
From your Veriato Vision console app, select Admin | Download Agents and follow the wizard to download an installer for the operating system you wish to monitor.
- Install locally. Download the agent directly to the device where you wish to install the agent. For Windows and Mac endpoints, you can contact support to help you send an email to users so they can install the agent themselves.
- Deploy across your network. Use the downloaded Windows .exe file to deploy across your network using our NetDeploy tool, SCCM, a Group Policy Object, Microsoft InTune, or your normal endpoint provisioning method.
- Chromebook. Deploy Chromebook directly on devices or from Google Workspace (Chrome Enterprise Admin console).
- Android. Deploy Android directly on devices or, remotely from a Mobile Device Management (MDM) tool the devices have been enrolled in, such as Microsoft InTune or Blackberry UEM.
What is the endpoint agent's footprint?
The downloaded Windows installer file is roughly 50MB in size. The installation size is up to 1.5 GB, depending on the Agent Version.
Does antivirus affect your software?
The Veriato Vision agent software is designed to work with major antivirus solutions and installs to folders that are easy to exclude. We recommend always setting the recommended folder exclusions to keep agents operating. Depending on your antivirus, you may need to temporarily disable antivirus scanning and protection during the installation.
Does the monitoring solution provide advanced reporting and dashboard capability?
Yes. The Vision dashboard comes with 70 pre-configured Chart View reports as well as dozens of configurable reports, which you can schedule to be sent automatically via email to a list of recipients on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
How do I uninstall Vision software?
- Remote uninstall (Windows): Push a silent uninstaller to a target workstation across your network or over VPN. Contact Veriato Support, if necessary, to request the remote uninstaller for your account.
- Manual uninstall (Mac): Access the desktop physically, or through remote desktop access and proceed to uninstall the software using your hotkey sequence.