1) Locate Windows Defender antivirus software in the system tray.
- Right click the icon from the status panel. Then, click “View Security Dashboard”.
2) There should be a menu of options on the left-hand side of the window.
- Click on “Virus & Threat Protection” and then “Virus & Threat Protection Settings”.
- Disable the option labeled “Real-Time Protection” by clicking on the small circle.
- It should turn from blue to white. You will also receive a notification stating the Real Time Protection is off and that your device is vulnerable. This is normal.
3) Download and install the Veriato Vision software from the Vision web interface under “Available Devices” or “Active Devices > All Devices” if you already have Vision installed on other devices.
- IMPORTANT: When prompted to reboot the computer un-check the box to select “No” so the computer does not reboot.
4) On the ‘Virus & Threat protection’ page, scroll down and locate the option marked ‘Exclusions’ and click on the button that reads ‘Add or Remove exclusions’.
5) Click on ‘Add an exclusion’ and select ‘Folder’ from the drop down menu.
- Add your Veriato Vision exclusion folder path, which can be found in the Vision dashboard under Settings > Account Information > Paths to Exclude for Anti-virus software, or via the popup window after selecting to download the installer file.
- IMPORTANT: The path excluded in this example will be different then the path you must exclude for your account as this folder is randomized. Please use the path located in your account.
- Highlight that folder and click on ‘Select Folder’.
6) Reboot the computer to complete the installation.