1) In the bottom right hand corner of the screen, open up the system tray and right click on the McAfee icon.
- Select “Open McAfee® Total Protection”.
2) On the right-hand side of the main screen, click on the settings icon.
- Under “PC Security” double click on “Real-Time Scanning
- Click “Turn Off” BEFOREinstalling anything.
- When asked “When do you want to resume Real-Time Scanning?”, click “Never”.
3) Download and install the Veriato Vision software from the Vision web interface under “Available Devices” or “Active Devices > All Devices” if you already have Vision installed on other devices.
- IMPORTANT: When prompted to reboot the computer un-check the box to select “no” so the computer does not reboot.
4) Before turning Real-Time Scanning back on, you must exclude certain files inside of the installation folder manually. This means you need to go to the exclusions setting under the Real-Time Scanning settings, click on add file, and go through ALL files in the installation folder.
- Your Veriato Vision exclusion folder path, which can be found in the Vision dashboard under Settings > Account Information > Paths to Exclude for Anti-virus software, or via the popup window after selecting to download the installer file.
- IMPORTANT: The path excluded in this example will be different then the path you must exclude for your account as this folder is randomized. Please use the path located in your account.
- You may not need to exclude every single file, however the key ones so far that are identified by McAfee are as follows:
- There may be other files which McAfee will warn you about via pop up. That specific file should be excluded immediately so that it does not interfere with data collection.
5) You can now reboot the computer to complete the setup. The main HUB for McAfee will advise the customer that there is a Trojan and that they should restart their computer for changes to take effect – restarting the computer will not affect the excluded files.