Endpoint Lockdown can be used as a stand-alone or an add-on product to Veriato Vision Employee Monitoring software. Endpoint Lockdown is currently available for Windows and Mac devices.
Some common use cases for Endpoint Lockdown include ensuring the safety and security of your company data when:
- An employee is terminated
- A company device is lost or stolen
Endpoint Lockdown is the ultimate data recovery and anti-theft system for your computer. In the event of a laptop theft or loss, Endpoint Lockdown allows you to:
- Remotely retrieve files from anywhere
- Remotely delete files from anywhere
- Monitor and Control rogue employee or thefts activity
- Recover your laptop with the help of the Endpoint Lockdown recovery team
Remote File Retrieval
Remote File Retrieval allows the Administrator to retrieve files from any device that currently has Endpoint Lockdown installed.
Requests can be initiated the following ways for a specific device. The device in question must have an internet connection to receive the command to retrieve specific files and to upload them to the remote server:
- My Documents Folder: Will retrieve the entire My Documents folder for the selected user account and subdirectory depth (how many levels of sub-folders to also be retrieved).
- A Specific Directory or file (Browse): Allows the Administrator to browse to a specific folder or file on the target endpoint device and retrieve it. The file/folder structure of the endpoint is saved to the server and updated every 30 days which allows the user to browse through the file system on the device.
- A Specific File Type: This option will allow the retrieval of all files on the machine that match the selected file extension/type. A list of many different file extensions will appear, and the software will retrieve every file on the workstation that matches this request.
Remote File Deletion
Remote File Deletion allows the Administrator to delete files from any device that currently has Endpoint Lockdown installed.
Requests can be initiated the following ways for a specific device. These requests are in order from fastest to slowest in terms of the time required to complete the request. This is due to the number of files included in the various requests. The larger the request, the longer it will take to complete. The device in question must have an internet connection initially to receive the command to delete specific files in the request:
- Delete Specific File Types: Will delete every file on the endpoint that matches the selected file extension.
- Delete Specific Folders or Files: Allows the Administrator to browse to a specific folder or file on the target endpoint device and delete it. The file/folder structure of the endpoint is saved to the server and is updated every 30 days which allows the user to browse through the file system on the device.
- Delete All Files and Folders Except the Following: This option will allow the deletion of all files and folders on the endpoint except for the specified folder. This will delete all other folders and files including system files required for the operating system (OS) which will cause the machine to become unusable.
Geolocate allows the Administrator to track the near real-time geographical location of a target endpoint device plotted onto a map. Location points are updated automatically with no required user interaction.
Geolocate provides the following features:
- Wi-Fi Access point based geo-triangulation mapping.
- New location points updated every 15 minutes.
- External IP address of device recorded along with location history of device plotted on map.
Recover My PC
Recover My PC allows the Administrator to quickly lockdown an endpoint device, making the machine unusable temporarily. As soon as a computer is Reported Stolen in the settings and lockdown status is changed to “Enabled,” the device will lock out all current users.
- As soon as the computer boots up, a blank screen will appear. If a user is currently logged in at the time this setting is initiated, they will be immediately locked out of their current session.
- The machine must have an internet connect to receive the lockdown command, once the command has been received, internet connection is no longer required.
- If/when the machine is located and lockdown needs to be lifted, simply toggle current lockdown status to Disabled and the machine will become usable again.