1) Locate Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus software in the Windows 7 or Windows XP system tray; a green icon with a white check mark in it.
- Click on “Customize”
2) In the “Settings” Tab uncheck the box next to “Turn on real-time protection”, then hit “Save changes”.
3) Download and install the Veriato Vision software from the Vision web interface under “Available Devices” or “Active Devices > All Devices” if you already have Vision installed on other devices.
- IMPORTANT: When prompted to reboot the computer un-check the box to select “no” so the computer does not reboot.
4) Return to Windows Defender and set the exclusion path located in the previous step.
- Click “Browse” and locate the folder from above.
- Click “Add” and paste the exclusion path
- Add your Veriato Vision exclusion folder path, which can be found in the Vision dashboard under Settings > Account Information > Paths to Exclude for Anti-virus software, or via the popup window after selecting to download the installer file.
- Click “Save Changes”
5) Reboot the computer to complete the installation.