Please note that this antivirus software is not currently compatible with InterGuard. We are working with this AV provider to address the bug in their exclusion process.
While we update this guide from time to time, we cannot guarantee compatibility as Anti-Virus software companies may make changes without informing us. The exclusion instructions below are provided by the Anti-Virus software companies, and as such, we cannot guarantee their functionality.
1) Go to https://gravityzone.bitdefender.com/ and log into your account.
2) Click on the “Policies” tab on the left-hand side of the screen. Then, click on “Add”.
3) Name the policy and then click on the “Antimalware” tab.
- Select “Settings”, this will bring you to the Quarantine and Exclusion settings.
4) Make sure that Built-in Exclusions and Custom Exclusions are both on (a blue checkmark will confirm it’s on).
5) Under Custom Exclusions, add the installation path for our software.
- Your Vision exclusion folder path, which can be found in the Vision dashboard under Settings > Account Information > Paths to Exclude for Anti-virus software, or via the popup window after selecting to download the installer file.
- IMPORTANT: The path excluded in this example will be different then the path you must exclude for your account as this folder is randomized. Please use the path located in your account.
- NOTE: Additional exclusion may need to be applied, please reach out to our support team with SHA-256 Exclusions Required – BITDEFENDER as the subject header
- The paths will look like the following:
6) Select the “Module” as “All”
- Click the “+” button at the end of the row to add the exception.
- You must repeat the same process for the same paths, except this time you must change the “Type” from “Folder” to “Process”.
7) Repeat the steps above with the following path as well: “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\svchost.exe” and “C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe”, and include changing “Type” to “File”.
Your exclusions should look something like this:
8.) Click Save.
9.) Go to Antimalware > On-Access > Click On box next to On-access Scanning > Click on the circle next to Custom
10.) In On-Access > Settings > Scan > Make sure For Keyloggers and For PUA are unchecked, and then click Save.
11.) Go back to Antimalware > On-Execute > Ensure Advanced Threat Control is Checked > Set Default action for infected applications to Take no action, and make sure Normal is selected, and then click on Save.
12.) Antimalware > On-Demand > Scan Settings > Click on Contextual Scan
13.) In Contextual Scan > Scan options > Select Custom > click on Settings > Under the Miscellaneous section make sure that Scan for PUA following is unchecked
14.) In contextual scan > Settings > Actions section ensure all actions are set to Move to quarantine, and then click Save.
15.) Go back to Antimalware > Advanced Anti-Exploit > Uncheck Advanced Anti-Exploit, and click Save.
16.) Go back to Antimalware > Firewall > General > Turn Log Verbosity level to Low and uncheck Intrusion Detection System (IDS); click Save
17.) Go back to Antimalware > Firewall > Rules > Settings > Set Protection level to Ruleset, known files and allow
- Make sure Create aggressive rules is unchecked
- Click Save
18.) Go to Network on left-hand navigation bar > Packages
19.) Then go to , and for Name type Allow Veriato Vision. Make sure Scan before installation is unchecked, and then click Save.
20.) Send update task to make sure client is properly updated with BitDefender:
- Go To BitDefender Icon on right side of taskbar > Right Click Show > Hit the update icon with the arrows
21.) Ensure To temporarily disable real-time scanning for both Windows Defender and BitDefender.
22.) Download and install the Veriato Vision software from the Vision web interface under “Available Devices” or “Active Devices > All Devices” if you already have Vision installed on other devices.
23.) Reboot the computer to complete the installation.