Applies to: Veriato Cerebral, 9.2.x
Article No: 360015191393
Server Setup and Maintenance
Operating System - Microsoft® Windows® Professional Editions: OS x64:
Windows 8.1 (use only with SQL Server Express and fewer than 50 endpoints)
Windows Server 2019
Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2012
Any virtual machine (VM) that meets OS and disk space requirements
- Processor - Quad-Core Xeon or better
- RAM - Minimum 16 GB recommended
Hard Disk Requirements - Install to a local hard drive with:
100 GB - to install Quick Install with SQL Server Express* (small business install)
200 MB - to install a Cerebral Server with Management Console (5 GB free on system drive)
11 GB - to install a Cerebral Server, Management Console, with File Storage on one drive*
250 GB - to install and configure Cerebral databases (SQL Server, databases, and logs)**
- Prerequisite Software - A limited size Microsoft® SQL Server® Express database and other non-OS prerequisites are provided with the setup.
- Administrator credentials - Log in as an Administrator user on the local computer to install the Veriato Server.
- Veriato Service account - By default, the installation creates a service account, .\veriatoservice, or you can specify a network account. The network service account will require user-assigned rights within Local Security Policies: Logon As a Service and Allow Logon Locally. These rights are necessary to create certificates during the installation, and "Allow Logon Locally" can be removed following the installation.
Ports used -
TCP 443 (HTTPS)
TCP 54709 (HTTPS)
UDP 1434 for SQL Browser Service TCP 1433 (or random/custom) for SQL instance
* We recommend directing File Storage (where Screenshots and Email Attachments are stored) to its own hard drive for ongoing use for all installation types.
** When using SQL Server Standard/Enterprise, the Cerebral database instance should be installed on a machine separate from the Cerebral application server. Database components may be installed on separate volumes. Disk space requirements will increase with the number of endpoints recorded.
Updated April 7, 2021