Applies to: Mac Agent Version 8.2.x
Article No: 14818024888727
For a list of Mac operating systems supported and recording capability, see Mac Support.
Go to Admin | Company Account "Antivirus Exclusions" to find the folder name your installation has created for the agent. Replace yyyxxxx below with the name on your Company Account page. On Mac devices, exclude the random folder at this location:
Some antivirus programs (e.g., Sentinel One, Crowdstrike) have also detected an agent extension as well as our agent installer. You may need to explicitly exclude these files within your antivirus program:
Option 1: Download and install on a Mac
From the endpoint device or to download at your computer, log in to Veriato Vision and go to Admin | Download Agents. The Add Agents wizard opens.
- Select Agent: Click on Mac.
- Options: If you are at the endpoint device, select "I'm at the Mac device I want to monitor." It is possible to copy the downloaded files to install on other Macs. Press Next.
- Download: Press the Download button. Save the .dmg file at a location you can access from the Mac device. Press Next.
- Finish the wizard. Follow the next instructions.
Option 2: Receive an email with a download link
If you are NOT at the target endpoint device, on the Add Agents wizard, select the second option to receive an email. Select Admin | Download Agents or on Admin | Endpoint Agents, click Add Agents. The Add Agents wizard opens.
- Select Agent: Click on Mac. Press Next.
- Options: Select "I'm not at the Mac device I want to monitor." Press Next.
- Fill in the email To address.
Your default email client opens with an email ready to complete and send.
Add a "To" address that you are sure you can access from a browser on the Mac device.
Send the email to yourself.
- Open the email and download the agent.
On the Mac computer, open the email you sent and follow the instructions to download the Mac Installer. Follow the instructions below.
Whether you have downloaded the *.dmg file directly from the Veriato Vision app or from a link in an email, start the installation process as follows.
- Double-click the .dmg file.
This unpacks and opens the "Install Monitor Installer" package.
- Double-click the Installer.
Before beginning, the Installer tests the Mac system for compatibility. Press Allow.
- The wizard starts.
Step through the wizard. Agree to the license agreement, and press Continue to accept all defaults.
- Start the installation.
When you get to Installation Type, press Install to begin the installation.
The summary panel appears when the install is successful.
- Restart the computer:
The device must be restarted to complete the agent installation.
- Follow the instructions below to enable agent recording.
Additional settings are required before recording can begin.
Important! Allow access to record activity
Allowing the Mac Agent to record various activities on the device requires a few additional settings.
- Keep the Instructions window open.
Following the installation, an "Instructions" window appears. Keep this window open to follow the steps it provides.
- Open System Preferences.
Use the button on the panel or select it from the Finder. In System Preferences, find and open Security & Privacy. Your OS may show "Privacy & Security."
- Unlock the Security & Privacy panel.
Click the lock at the bottom of the panel to make changes. You are prompted to enter your Admin credentials.
- In Security & Privacy:
Select Accessibility. Select the Launcher.exe program in the right pane. If it isn't there, use Next on the instructional window to page forward. From the instructional window, click on and drag the icon onto the right-pane Accessibility list. The Launcher.exe program appears. Select it. (Your OS may look different.)
- In Security & Privacy:
Select Full Disk Access. From the instructional window, click on and drag the icon onto the right-pane Full Disk Access list. The Launcher.exe program appears. Select it. (Your OS may look different.)
- While in Security & Privacy:
Applies to Ventura OS. Select Screen Recording. From the instructional window, click on and drag the icon onto the right-pane Accessibility list. The Launcher.exe program appears. Select it.
- Lock the Security settings.
Click the lock at the bottom of the panel and enter your Mac Admin credentials again.
- Navigate to System Settings > General > Login Items.
Applies to Ventura OS. After the agent is installed, the system may prompt to allow background processes. To be sure the agent can process in the background, enable Allow in the Background for Awareness Technologies.
- Continue on to enable extensions.
Important! Enable the Safari browser extension
The Mac Agent uses web browser extensions to record activity at websites. You may be prompted to enable extensions. Before leaving the computer, check the browser settings to make sure the extension (from WebSecurityForSafari) is enabled.
- In the Safari web browser go to Settings | Extensions.
- Check the box to allow the WebSecurityExtension.
Uninstall or disable the Mac Agent
- Use your Hotkey combination on the endpoint device.
On the Admin | Company Account page, find your Hotkey Sequence. Login to the Mac device and press the hotkeys.
- Select the Shutdown option to stop recording.
You can return to the device and restart recording later.
- Select the Uninstall option to uninstall the agent.
The user and device remain in your database. Data is accessible until the end of your Data Viewing Period.
- Confirm the uninstall.
Click OK on the confirmation message. When a message displays "Uninstall Successful," click OK. The agent is uninstalled.