May 2, 2023
- Windows Updated Agent – Changes have been made to the console app to accommodate an updated Windows Agent, version 10.0.47360.34 (noted below as “Updated Agent Only”) that will be available to new and existing customers. The new agent offers expanded recording capability and improved reliability.
Chromebook Agent Recording The following recording support has been added to the Chromebook Agent. All events can be viewed in the Data Explorer tabs. Returned data include timestamps, Alert Word callouts, and screenshot context.
- Email – Records emails sent and received using Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, Outlook web access, Outlook Live, and Outlook Office 365 Chromebook.
- Keystrokes – Captures keystrokes typed (excluding passwords) within the Chrome browser.
- Chat/IM – Captures Facebook web chat participants and messages.
- Downloads - Records file downloads, including the file name and file action, in the Chrome browser.
- Uploads - Records file uploads in Chrome, including the file name and file action.
- New Windows Agent Installers – [Updated Agent Only] Revised and thoroughly tested the console app’s capability to build and download .exe and .msi installers for the updated agent. The updated agent can be downloaded only after the app has been upgraded (switched) to the Veriato Vision mode. The installers have updated SSL Certificates, and cert signing now uses NSIS to improve reliability.
- Download Agents – [Updated Agent Only] The Windows download wizard displays correct antivirus exclusions for the updated Windows agent (when the agent is used).
- Company Account – Added Mac antivirus exclusions. When a customer switches to the new agent, the page displays the folders to exclude in antivirus programs for the new agent. Hotkeys are removed from the page as they don’t apply to this agent.
- Recording Policies - [Updated Agent Only] Features not yet supported by the new agent are disabled when creating or editing a policy. The following will be re-enabled in a future release: Alert Word Screenshots, Block Applications, and Block Websites.
- Productivity – [Updated Agent Only] In a user’s daily Timeline/Calendar details, the Calendar tab is disabled until agent support for the feature is added.
- User Details – Requesting details for a user in “All Users” now links to the Data Explorer page filtered to the specific user, where date-time stamps are correct.
- Internal Changes – Updated project code and grids to enhance performance and prepare for future features, removing references to obsolete platforms. Changes affect the Alerts, All Users, User Details (now Data Explorer), and other pages.
- Dashboard – When only the default charts are displayed (which cannot be removed), the “Select All” option on the page is disabled. Data for Chat/IM, Email/Webmail, and “Potentially Dangerous Applications” (e.g., filezilla.exe, regedit.exe, teracopy.exe). populates the relevant Dashboard charts.
- Productivity - The Productivity page can be filtered by device, and the “Clear All” button resets filter settings to the defaults (Last 7 Days, All Groups, All Users, All Devices).
- Workday Settings - Changing a user’s group or recording policy is reflected in Productivity’s Workday settings without requiring a user logout/login.
- Alerts – Export to CSV works as expected from the revised Alerts page.
- Data Explorer Exports – Exporting from Data Explorer to PDF works as expected. Large sets of records can now be downloaded from Mobile > Applications to a CSV file.
- Data Explorer Group By - When no data is available, a Group By selection will not continue to attempt to load, and, with data, the Group By selection expands and collapses as expected.
- Data Explorer Sorting - Added the ability to sort by application name under the Applications tab and by Message under the Mobile > Text Messages tab.
- File Tracking – Data Explorer > File Tracking > Activity Events appear as expected, and the panel for File Tracking > Uploads is now labeled “Uploads.” On drilling into records, the Upload Event Details and Screenshot Context data appear as expected. Dropbox upload and download events appear under Data Explorer’s File Tracking > Dropbox tab.
- Reporting – This release corrects a dropdown error in the Investigation report builder, removes an incorrect link from Productivity reports, and provides consistent chart selection for Pre-Set reports.
- Logon Events – [Updated Agent] Logon events are now captured due to a Session ID correction.
- Application Events – [Updated Agent] Application events display the correct Start Time, Active Time, and Total Time in event records. There is no duplication of event records.
- Screenshots - [Updated Agent] Screenshot timestamps show the correct date and time.
- Event Context – Screenshots in an event’s Context tab are accompanied by event data for the time.
- Printing Events – Screenshots are included (as requested) with file printing data in Event Details.
- Keystrokes - Keystroke data appear as expected when drilling into the Event Details.
- Email - Email CC and BCC entries appear as expected in an email’s Event Details tab.
- Chat/IM – The Chat Event Details display recorded Skype (and other) chat data as expected. Regex alert words appear as the data type requested rather than the Regex code.
- Numbers format – Numbers in pagination and elsewhere show a consistent separator.
- Search – On the pages it applies to, the Show option next to Search displays the requested number of items.
- Endpoint Agents – The “Not Recording” and “All” device status tiles contain the correct count of devices. Renaming an endpoint device updates the device name in the app server. Re-installing the agent does not cause duplicate devices.
- Recording Policies – Fixed minor grammatical errors.
- Data Processing - Data and devices returned from the agent are processed immediately.
- Updated Agent – [Updated Agent Only] Installing the agent on multiple devices results in active agents- all components running - and correct registration for each device. Testing verifies the agent returns data - including Outlook email attachments, webmail activity, and website and application activity - with accurate times.
- Test Drive – Corrected 14 issues and implemented necessary improvements in the free test drive.
- Knowledge Base – Added recording support, agent installation, antivirus exclusions, and communication requirements for the updated Windows Agent. Added the Logged On/Off dot to Productivity and clarified Alert Words. A staging environment allows QA to vet the Knowledge Base before publishing. Corrected a Search issue and revised screenshots and content to match changes to updated filters and grids in the product.